Global Investigations and Judicial Oversight
Outer Temple Chambers and the FSLA hosted a seminar, Global Investigations and Judicial Oversight Seminar, on Tuesday 17 November.
Richard Lissack QC chaired a panel of influential legal figures within the financial service sector including:
- Judge Timothy Herrington, Judge in the Upper Tribunal
- Mark Steward, FCA, Executive Director of Enforcement and Market Oversight
- Stephanie Pagni, Global Head of Litigation, Barclays Bank
- Dorian Drew, Partner, Clifford Chance
- Richard Hitchcock QC, Barrister, Outer Temple Chambers
Before an audience of over 150 specialist lawyers in Inner Temple Hall the panel discussed their experience of major global investigations over the last few years (such as the LIBOR and FOREX investigations). The debate considered how regulators and prosecutors, and firms, might work together more efficiently when faced with an index event that has an impact in several jurisdictions. The panel also discussed the role of the RDC and the Upper Tribunal in dealing with the fall out of a major investigation with regard both to firms and to the individuals allegedly responsible for preventing misconduct.