Contact our clerks at email@example.com or call us on +44 (0)20 7353 6381 for a confidential discussion.
Our professional clerking staff can help identify the right barrister for your case.
Year of Call:
Originally from Sydney, Australia, Alexandra studied English Law with German Law at St Hilda’s College, University of Oxford (2009-2013). Building on her Erasmus year at Ludwig-Maximilians-University, Munich, parallel Masters studies in German Law, and European and International Commercial Law, developed her expertise in European Union, European Human Rights, Commercial and Public Law (2013-2014). She was awarded the Beck Publishers’ Award for her paper on Google’s liability for personality rights infringement through its search engine technology.
Alexandra was called to the Bar by Lincoln’s Inn in 2015 (Hardwicke Entrance Scholar), having completed the Bar Professional Training Course at City Law School.
Prior to commencing pupillage, Alexandra has been working on a public international law PhD at Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich, examining judicial reasoning across international courts and tribunals including the ICJ, the World Trade Organisation’s Appellate Body, ICSID investment arbitration tribunals and the European Court of Human Rights. During this time she also worked as a hearing assistant to an ICC tribunal, trainee to Judge Vajda of the Court of Justice of the European Union in Luxembourg (Lincoln’s Inn Scholarship), and intern in the World Trade Organisation’s Appellate Body. She has also presented at academic conferences on dispute settlement mechanisms in Australia’s regional free trade agreements (King’s College London, 2017), and on human rights as fundamental values in trade and investment (European Society of International Law, Naples, 2017).
- Lincoln’s Inn Scholarship, Traineeship at the CJEU (2016)
- Semi-Finalist, Inter-Inn Moot, Lincoln’s Inn (2015)
- Hardwicke Entrance Award, Lincoln’s Inn (2014)
- Beck Publishers’ Award, Ludwig-Maximilians-University (2014)
- Semi-Finalist, International Roman Law Moot (2012)
Other achievements include :
- Top 25 Winner, startsocial competition, representing NGO “Digital Helpers”, with personal congratulations from German Chancellor Angela Merkel (2017)
- Winner, Google Impact Challenge Germany (10,000EUR), representing Digital Helpers (2016)
- AMusA Diploma for Cello Performance (2007)
- German (fluent)
- French (intermediate)
- Mandarin (basic)