Year of Call:
Bianca joined Chambers as a tenant in 2015 after successfully completing pupillage. She accepts instructions in all areas of Chambers’ practice including commercial litigation, probate, employment & discrimination, financial services, personal injury, inquests and international related matters.
Advocacy experience includes High Court and County Court hearings, multi-day Employment Tribunal work, inquests at the Coroner’s Court and preliminary hearings at the Crown Court.
Bianca is qualified to work on a public access basis.
Bianca has a BCL from Lincoln College, University of Oxford, and a first-class law degree from the University of Manchester. She is a former solicitor, having qualified at Magic Circle firm Slaughter and May in 2012.
Prior to starting pupillage, Bianca was a judicial assistant to the Lord Chief Justice, Lord Thomas at the Court of Appeal from April to July 2014. She was a research assistant at the Law Commission in the Common Law and Commercial Team in 2013-2014. She undertook a stage at the European Court of Human Rights in 2012.
Pensions & Trusts
Bianca has assisted in a number of pension matters including limitation, quantum of pension loss and liberation.
Bianca assisted The Pensions Regulator in a relation to a high-profile pension fraud.
Recent matters include:
- G v Ministry of Defence – advising as to whether a retired Gurkha had a legitimate expectation to be paid the same pension as a UK army officer, and on the fairness of the transfer from the Gurkha Pension to the government gratuity scheme and to the Armed Forces Pension Scheme 1975
- Public body-advising on the implications of Brexit on social security legislation
- Re T Fund – advising in relation to the interpretation of the Local Government Pension Scheme (Amendment) Regulations 2015
- B v NHS – advising in relation to the change of position and limitation defences in a pension overpayment claim.
Appointments & Memberships
- Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb)
- Commercial Bar Association
- Chancery Bar Association
- Financial Services Law Association
- London Very Young Arbitration Practitioners
- Lex Anglo Brasil
- International Court of Justice Grant, Lincoln College, 2013
- Drucker Prize, Lincoln College, 2012
- German (fluent)
- French (advanced)
- Brazilian Portuguese (elementary)
Bianca Venkata is regulated by the Bar Standards Board (BSB) and holds a current practising certificate. If you are not satisfied with the service provided, please click here.
Areas of Law
- Business Crime
- Clinical Negligence
- Commercial & Chancery
- Employment & Discrimination
- Financial Services
- Pensions & Trusts
- Personal Injury
- International Illness, Injury & Travel
- Private Client
- Professional Negligence