To find out more, contact Nick Levett (+44 (0)20 7427 4908) or call us on +44 (0)20 7353 6381 for a confidential discussion.
Our professional clerking staff can help you identify the right barrister for your case.
Year of Call:
Gabor accepts instructions on disputes, as well as non-contentious advisory and drafting matters. He has appeared as sole counsel in the High Court, the County Court, the Employment Tribunal, and before the disciplinary committees of professional regulatory bodies.
Gabor is registered to work on a public access (i.e. direct access) basis. He is an Accredited Civil and Commercial Mediator.
Gabor’s legal skills are complemented by deep commercial and entrepreneurial experience from a 16-year career in investment management and investment banking. Before turning to law, he was a partner at Elsworthy Capital, a fund management business he co-founded. Earlier, Gabor was an investment strategist and portfolio manager for equities at Cheyne Capital. He was an economist at Dresdner Kleinwort (as it then was) and Goldman Sachs, advising on foreign exchange and sovereign bond investments in Emerging Europe and the Middle East.
Gabor completed the BPTC at City University; has an LLM (Qualifying Law Degree) from Birkbeck College, University of London; an MPhil in Economics from the University of Cambridge; and a BA in Economics from Bard College (Annandale, New York). He has also studied at the London School of Economics, the University of Melbourne and the National Law School of India University (Bangalore), amongst others.
Employment & Discrimination
Mediation settlement (Employment Tribunal, 2016)
Judicial mediation. Represented part-time classroom assistant made redundant in restructuring at primary school. Alleged discrimination on grounds of religion and sex. Obtained written apology and financial settlement (instructed by Pattinson & Brewer).
Lee v McArthur  NICA 39
Refusal by bakery to fulfil customer’s order for cake decorated with words chosen by customer. Whether discrimination on grounds of sexual orientation or political opinion. Whether relevant domestic legislation can be read compatibly with Articles 9 and 10 ECHR (assisted Sarah Crowther). See: http://www.bailii.org/nie/cases/NICA/2016/39.html.
Sanders v East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust (Employment Appeal Tribunal, 2016)
Gross misconduct by employee. Whether open to Employment Tribunal to form its own view of potential mitigating factors, or whether it must ask only if employer’s decision to dismiss was reasonable (assisted Sarah Crowther).
Appointments & Memberships
- Lincoln’s Inn
- Bar Pro Bono Unit
- Chancery Bar Association
- Commercial Bar Association
- Company Insolvency Pro Bono Scheme
- Competition Law Association
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Financial Services Lawyers Association
- South Eastern Circuit
- Chartered Financial Analyst designation (CFA Institute)
- Wolfson Scholarship (Lincoln’s Inn; 2015)
- Lord Mansfield Scholarship (Lincoln’s Inn; 2014 – 2015)
- Hardwicke Entrance Award (Lincoln’s Inn; 2013)
- External Studentship (King’s College, Cambridge; 1995 – 1996)
- Jerome Levy Economics Scholarship (Bard College; 1992 – 1995)
- Eric Warren Goldman Scholarship (Bard College; 1992)
- Soros Foundation Scholarship (Bard College; 1991 – 1992)
- Hungarian (bilingual)
- Spanish (advanced written)
- French (intermediate written)
- Russian (basic)
Areas of Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Commercial & Chancery
- Disciplinary & Regulatory
- Employment & Discrimination
- Financial Services
- Law In Sport
- Pensions & Trusts
- Professional Negligence
- Public Law