Contact our clerks at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44 (0)20 7353 6381 for a confidential discussion.
Our professional clerking staff can help identify the right barrister for your case.
Year of Call:
Olinga joined Chambers as a tenant in September 2017 and accepts instructions in all areas of Chambers’ work.
Before commencing pupillage, Olinga completed the Bar Professional Training Course as a Lord Denning Scholar of Lincoln’s Inn. He was graded ‘Outstanding’, graduating top amongst all students at the Inn. Prior to this, Olinga completed his Graduate Diploma in Law with distinction at BPP Law School.
Before law, Olinga took a Double First in Physics and Philosophy as an undergraduate at Oxford University and there he also completed his Masters in the Philosophy of Physics with distinction. Whilst at Oxford, Olinga graduated top of his year in all four years of study, winning several university and college prizes and scholarships.
Olinga’s clinical negligence experience includes acting for a claimant in a Fatal Accident Act case involving the delayed diagnosis of cancer.
Olinga has assisted Eliot Woolf in his work on a wide variety of clinical negligence claims including spinal injury, delayed diagnosis of multiple sclerosis and various forms of bowel injury.
The work has included:
- drafting schedules, counter-schedules and producing valuations
- drafting expert agendas
- preparing for and attending a number of joint settlement meetings
- drafting particulars of claim and defences
Olinga has also assisted other members of Chambers in drafting opinions on clinical negligence matters including:
- the prospects of a Part 20 claim in a below-knee amputation clinical negligence case
- the scope for recovering separate accommodation costs in a clinical negligence case that had resulted in a claimant separating from his wife
Olinga also has experience with inquests, having representing a family in an Inquest involving a still-birth.
Since the start of September 2017, Olinga has been instructed as one of a team of junior counsel working on the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse. Olinga’s work on the Inquiry, which involves careful analysis of vast quantities of documentary evidence, complements his personal injury and clinical negligence practice.
Appointments & Memberships
- Free Representation Unit
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Personal Injuries Bar Association
- Ede & Ravenscroft Award for Student of the Year, Lincoln’s Inn (2016)
- Levitt Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn (2016)
- Buchanan Prize, Lincoln’s Inn (2016)
- Lord Denning Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn (2015)
- Hardwicke Award, Lincoln’s Inn (2014)
- Semi-Finalist, Essex Court National Mooting Competition (2014)
- Lord Haldane Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn (2013)
- Parker Law Scholarship, Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford University (2013)
- Henry Wilde Prize, Philosophy Faculty, Oxford University (2012)
- Academic Scholarship, Balliol College, Oxford University (2012)
- Spanish (intermediate)
Areas of Law
- Clinical Negligence
- Commercial & Chancery
- Disciplinary & Regulatory
- Employment & Discrimination
- Personal Injury
- Professional Negligence
- Public Law