Contact our clerks at email@example.com or call us on +44 (0)20 7353 6381 for a confidential discussion.
Our professional clerking staff can help identify the right barrister for your case.
Year of Call:
Olinga joined Chambers as a tenant in September 2017 and accepts instructions in all areas of Chambers’ work.
Before commencing pupillage, Olinga completed the Bar Professional Training Course as a Lord Denning Scholar of Lincoln’s Inn. He was graded ‘Outstanding’, graduating top amongst all students at the Inn. Prior to this, Olinga completed his Graduate Diploma in Law with distinction at BPP Law School.
Before law, Olinga took a Double First in Physics and Philosophy as an undergraduate at Oxford University and there he also completed his Masters in the Philosophy of Physics with distinction. Whilst at Oxford, Olinga graduated top of his year in all four years of study, winning several university and college prizes and scholarships.
Employment & Discrimination
Olinga has experience advising and representing claimants and respondents in Employment Tribunal hearings spanning TUPE, unfair dismissal, discrimination, protected disclosure detriment and unpaid wages.
Recent cases include:
Mills v East Sussex NHS Trust
Represented the Claimant in an unfair dismissal claim involving the dismissal of a porter by an NHS Trust following allegations that he had sexually assaulted a patient. ET ordered reinstatement of the Claimant and awarded a sum for payment that the Claimant would have received but for his dismissal. Judgment available here.
K v NP Ltd
Judicial mediation. Represented the Claimant in a case involving disability discrimination and less favourable treatment under the Part-time Workers Regulations. Obtained favourable reference and financial settlement.
D v ECL Ltd
Case involving unfair dismissal, victimisation and indirect discrimination. Successfully resisted application to set aside default judgment.
A Police Force
Advising on the implications of Griffiths  EWCA Civ 1265 for a police force’s attendance management policy (assisting James Arnold).
A large employer
Advising on the lawfulness of a range of positive action proposals (assisting James Arnold).
Appointments & Memberships
- Free Representation Unit
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Personal Injuries Bar Association
- Ede & Ravenscroft Award for Student of the Year, Lincoln’s Inn (2016)
- Levitt Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn (2016)
- Buchanan Prize, Lincoln’s Inn (2016)
- Lord Denning Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn (2015)
- Hardwicke Award, Lincoln’s Inn (2014)
- Semi-Finalist, Essex Court National Mooting Competition (2014)
- Lord Haldane Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn (2013)
- Parker Law Scholarship, Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford University (2013)
- Henry Wilde Prize, Philosophy Faculty, Oxford University (2012)
- Academic Scholarship, Balliol College, Oxford University (2012)
- Spanish (intermediate)
Areas of Law
- Clinical Negligence
- Commercial & Chancery
- Disciplinary & Regulatory
- Employment & Discrimination
- Personal Injury
- Professional Negligence
- Public Law