Contact our clerks at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44 (0)20 7353 6381 for a confidential discussion.
Our professional clerking staff can help you identify the right barrister for your case.
Year of Call:
Peter Linstead is an Employment and Commercial specialist. He is consistently ranked in Legal 500 as a Leading Junior in the field of Employment Law. He also has a busy High Court practice focusing on three main areas:
- Employee competition and restraint of trade. He is often instructed in short notice injunctions and trials where departing employees have taken clients.
- Workplace stress personal injury claims, acting for, among others, a major European bank and several local authorities. A number of these claims have had a value of several million pounds.
- Litigation relating to the termination of the employment relationship, including bonus claims, breach of fiduciary duty, share schemes and partnership/LLP member disputes.
Peter has extensive experience in the EAT and Employment Tribunal, dealing in particular with TUPE, Equal Pay and Discrimination, and often appears against QCs. He has appeared un-led in the Court of Appeal on public sector equal pay and race discrimination. He is also the Editor of the Tolley’s Employment Law Service section on ‘Absence from Work‘.
He has significant experience of business dispute resolution through mediation and of contract/commercial claims outside the employment sphere. He is registered to practise in the Dubai International Financial Centre Courts. He often advises on professional negligence matters relating to the provision of legal services.
Peter’s instructions come from a wide range of solicitors and public bodies including city solicitors’ firms, banks, NHS Trusts and several local authorities. He has undertaken regulatory work before the Civil Service Appeals Board, the General Teaching Council and the Nursing and Midwifery Council. He accepts public access instructions in EAT appeals and commercial matters.
Peter was recently interviewed on the BBC News Channel and Radio 4 Today Programme about Employment Law aspects of the ‘Sports Direct’ story. He has appeared on Sky News several times to comment on current news stories.
He was recently invited to provide training to the Government Legal Department in defending stress claims. He writes numerous articles in specialist Employment law publications and tours the UK each year giving in-depth seminars to specialist Employment solicitors.
- Departing Employees & Competition – A Practical Guide to Injunctions & Other Remedies: London 26/3/18 (link here)
- Claims for Stress & Psychiatric Injury in the Workplace (all day seminar): Leeds 15/2/18, London 2/7/18, Bristol 3/7/18, Manchester 4/7/18 (link here)
- Terminating Employment: Before and After – From Protected Settlement to PILON clauses (half day seminar): London 6/7/18 (link here)
Peter Linstead is regulated by the Bar Standards Board (BSB) and holds a current practising certificate. If you are not satisfied with the service provided, please click here.
Areas of Law
“He is extremely able and very good with clients.” Employment, Legal 500 2017
“He drills into the detail and is highly intelligent.” Employment, Legal 500 2016
“You can always depend on him to do a first-class job, not only in tribunal but also with clients.” Employment, Legal 500 2015
“I find him easy to work with and good with clients. He is good on his feet and a skilful cross examiner…. He has good attention to detail and his technical knowledge and submissions are second to none.” Chambers & Partners 2014