To find out more, contact David Smith (+44 (0)20 7427 4905) or call us on +44 (0)20 7353 6381 for a confidential discussion.
Our professional clerking staff can help you identify the right barrister for your case.
Year of Call:
Saaman is regularly instructed in complex multi-jurisdictional commercial and regulatory disputes with work often involving the intersection of both fields.
He has particular expertise in banking/financial services, pensions, civil fraud and professional negligence.
Saaman’s work is often characterised by its size, novelty or complexity. Highlights from the past year include one of The Lawyer’s Top 20 Cases of 2017, a $1 billion multi-jurisdictional civil fraud and a Financial List Trial which settled on the second day of the six-week listing.
Saaman studied law at the University of Oxford where he was awarded the Peter Carter prize for the best examination results at his college.
Commercial & Chancery
Saaman is experienced in the full span of commercial and chancery litigation, including matters as diverse as commercial fraud, banking, supply of goods and services and applications about trustee’s conduct. Saaman’s work often has an international element. Examples of current or recent work include:
- Afren & Anor v Shahenshah & Ors – a complex commercial fraud spanning multiple jurisdictions worth c$1 billion
- Hockin v RBS & Anor – a six-week Financial List trial concerning a lender’s duties of good faith, LIBOR fraud and the mis-selling of financial products which settled on the second day of trial
- Desiman v BOS & Ors – a commercial court trial concerning LIBOR fraud, unlawful appointment of receivers and breaches of duties of good faith
- A multi-faceted and substantial professional negligence claim against a major international law firm arising out of its conduct during a regulatory investigation
- A commercial court action concerning the failure of an international IT contract worth c£15m. Key issues in the claim concern the interpretation of the contract between the parties, including the nature of the services the claimant was to provide, the time by which those services were to be provided and the circumstances in which that claim was terminated
- An offshore Hastings-Bass application and associated professional negligence action in England
Appointments & Memberships
- Association of Pension Lawyers
- Chancery Bar Association
- Financial Services Lawyers Association
- The Commercial Bar Association
Saaman Pourghadiri is regulated by the Bar Standards Board (BSB) and holds a current practising certificate. If you are not satisfied with the service provided, please click here.
Areas of Law
- Business Crime
- Commercial & Chancery
- Employment & Discrimination
- Financial Services
- Pensions & Trusts
- International Illness, Injury & Travel
- Professional Negligence
- Public Law