To find out more, contact David Smith (+44 (0)20 7427 4905) or call us on +44 (0)20 7353 6381 for a confidential discussion.
Our professional clerking staff can help you identify the right barrister for your case.
Year of Call:
Saaman is regularly instructed in complex multi-jurisdictional commercial and regulatory disputes with work often involving the intersection of both fields.
He has particular expertise in banking/financial services, pensions, civil fraud and professional negligence.
Saaman’s work is often characterised by its size, novelty or complexity. Highlights from the past year include one of The Lawyer’s Top 20 Cases of 2017, a $1 billion multi-jurisdictional civil fraud and a Financial List Trial which settled on the second day of the six-week listing.
Saaman studied law at the University of Oxford where he was awarded the Peter Carter prize for the best examination results at his college.
Saaman’s expertise spans civil banking litigation, technical regulatory matters and investigations work. Examples of current or recent work include:
- Acting for ENRC in a number of matters relating to the ongoing SFO investigation. Including the significant recent decision on legal professional privilege in the context of internal investigations – SFO v ENRC  EWHC 1017 (QB) (one of The Lawyer’s Top 20 Cases of 2017)
- Acting for a senior trader in relation to the global investigations into the FOREX market
- Hockin v RBS & Anor – a six-week Financial List trial concerning a lender’s duties of good faith, LIBOR fraud and the mis-selling of interest rate hedging products which settled on the second day of trial
- Desiman v BOS & Ors – a commercial court trial concerning LIBOR fraud, unlawful appointment of receivers and breaches of duties of good faith
- During a secondment to the Bank of England’s Legal Directorate, Saaman assisted the Bank in developing and implementing a novel regulatory function created by EMIR
- Advising on the interpretation and application of the FCA Handbook and associated regulations
Appointments & Memberships
- Association of Pension Lawyers
- Chancery Bar Association
- Financial Services Lawyers Association
- The Commercial Bar Association
Saaman Pourghadiri is regulated by the Bar Standards Board (BSB) and holds a current practising certificate. If you are not satisfied with the service provided, please click here.
Areas of Law
- Business Crime
- Commercial & Chancery
- Employment & Discrimination
- Financial Services
- Pensions & Trusts
- International Illness, Injury & Travel
- Professional Negligence
- Public Law