To find out more, contact David Smith (+44 (0)20 7427 4905) or call us on +44 (0)20 7353 6381 for a confidential discussion.
Our professional clerking staff can help you identify the right barrister for your case.
Year of Call:
Saaman is regularly instructed in complex multi-jurisdictional commercial and regulatory disputes with work often involving the intersection of both fields.
He has particular expertise in banking/financial services, pensions, civil fraud and professional negligence.
Saaman’s work is often characterised by its size, novelty or complexity. Highlights from the past year include one of The Lawyer’s Top 20 Cases of 2017, a $1 billion multi-jurisdictional civil fraud and a Financial List Trial which settled on the second day of the six-week listing.
Saaman studied law at the University of Oxford where he was awarded the Peter Carter prize for the best examination results at his college.
Saaman’s current or recent work includes:
- A multi-faceted and substantial professional negligence claim against a major international law firm arising out of its conduct during a regulatory investigation
- Misselling claims for and against Banks and financial advisers
- Litigation against pension providers alleging negligent advice and/or breaches of the FCA handbook when selling pension products to individuals
- Advising a HNWI claiming for negligent advice concerning an offshore pension scheme
- Advising a major international law firm in relation to its allegedly negligent drafting of pension deeds
Appointments & Memberships
- Association of Pension Lawyers
- Chancery Bar Association
- Financial Services Lawyers Association
- The Commercial Bar Association
Saaman Pourghadiri is regulated by the Bar Standards Board (BSB) and holds a current practising certificate. If you are not satisfied with the service provided, please click here.
Areas of Law
- Business Crime
- Commercial & Chancery
- Employment & Discrimination
- Financial Services
- Pensions & Trusts
- International Illness, Injury & Travel
- Professional Negligence
- Public Law