Year of Call:
Simon Oakes practises in commercial law, with a particular focus on banking & financial services matters. He has been involved in major financial services cases in recent years, including the LIBOR manipulation cases of Graiseley Properties Ltd v Barclays Bank Plc in the Court of Appeal, and Hockin v Royal Bank of Scotland in the High Court.
Having been seconded to both the Financial Services Authority and the Pensions Regulator, Simon has acted for individuals in complex regulatory cases, including those brought by international banking regulators.
Appointments & Memberships
- Financial Services Lawyers Association
- Association of Pension Lawyers
- Sir Louis Gluckstein Prize For Advocacy
- Lord Denning Scholar, Lincoln’s Inn
- Scholar, Christ Church, Oxford University
Simon Oakes is regulated by the Bar Standards Board (BSB) and holds a current practising certificate. If you are not satisfied with the service provided, please click here.
Areas of Law
- Clinical Negligence
- Commercial & Chancery
- Employment & Discrimination
- Financial Services
- Pensions & Trusts
- Personal Injury
- International Illness, Injury & Travel