Contact our clerks at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44 (0)20 7353 6381 for a confidential discussion.
Our professional clerking staff can help identify the right barrister for your case.
Year of Call:
Victoria joined Chambers in September 2017 on successful completion of her pupillage. She is establishing a broad practice across Chambers’ areas of expertise.
Prior to pupillage, Victoria spent two years at the Home Office where she managed over 200 statutory appeals in the Court of Appeal and assisted with Supreme Court and ECtHR cases. During this time she co-founded a non-profit organisation aimed at raising awareness of forced marriage in schools. Victoria also volunteered at a solicitors’ firm and a law centre covering a variety of public law matters. She remains committed to pro bono work and volunteers through the Bar Pro Bono Unit and IPSEA.
Victoria is experienced in written and oral submissions in public law matters. She regularly drafts grounds and provides advice in immigration matters.
Other public law experience includes:
- Drafting submissions in relation to a challenge to the Spare Room Subsidy (colloquially known as the “Bedroom Tax”)
- Drafting position statements, summary/detailed grounds of defence in Court of Protection matters including deprivation of liberty and best interests decisions.
- Most Successful Advocate, Kaplan
- The Durham Award, University of Durham
- Winner, Francis Taylor Building Kingsland Cup
- Winner, Senior Moot, Gray’s Inn
Victoria Brown is regulated by the Bar Standards Board (BSB) and holds a current practising certificate. If you are not satisfied with the service provided, please click here.