Watch the Webinar: Cryptoassets and Smart Contracts, in collaboration with Oxford University Deep Tech Dispute Resolution Lab
Outer Temple Chambers collaborated with the Oxford University Deep Tech Dispute Resolution Lab to present a webinar on Cryptoassets and Smart Contracts on Wednesday 8th July.
- Chair: Dr Mimi Zou (Fellow of St Hugh’s College, Oxford University, Oxford Deep Tech Lab)
- John McKendrick QC (Outer Temple Chambers)
- Chloë Bell (Outer Temple Chambers)
- Jeremy Scott-Joynt (Outer Temple Chambers)
- Hin Liu (Legal Advisor Fusang, DPhil Candidate Oxford University Law Faculty, Oxford Deep Tech Lab)
- The fundamental legal foundations for cryptoassets and smart contracts in modern legal systems.
- What aspects of the technology surrounding cryptoassets, smart contracts and blockchain regulators need to understand in order to regulate these areas effectively.
- The potential for business crime involving crypto and smart contracts.
Links to materials referenced in webinar
UK Jurisdiction Taskforce Legal Statement on Cryptoassets and Smart Contracts (November 2019)
FLMC: Issues of legal uncertainty arising in the context of virtual currencies (July 2016)
B2C2 v Quoine Pte Ltd  SHCG(I) 03 (first instance March 2019)
Quoine Pte Ltd v B2C2 Ltd  SGCA(I) 02 (appeal February 2020)
Ruscoe & Moore v Cryptopia Ltd (in liquidation)  NZHC 728 (April 2020)
FATF 40 Recommendations (including interpretative notes)
FATF Guidance for a Risk-Based Approach to Virtual Assets and Virtual Asset Service Providers (June 2019)
AA v Persons Unknown  EWHC 3556 (Comm)
An examination of the cryptocurrency pump and dump ecosystem (Jan 2019)
Find Out More
You can find out more about the Oxford University Deep Tech Dispute Resolution Lab here.
Barristers: Chloë Bell | Jeremy Scott-Joynt | John McKendrick QC
Categories: Commercial Vlogs | Webinars & Vlogs