Webinar: US/UK Axis on Global Sanctions & AML: Will Biden Re-Set the Dial?
On Tuesday 16th March at 3pm, Michael Bowes QC will be chairing a webinar on how the global sanctions and anti-money laundering scene might develop following the election of President Biden. This webinar is a collaboration with Guidepost and UK Finance.
This panel brings together experts on sanctions, anti-money laundering and cybercrime from the US and UK. Each panelist is deeply experienced in investigations, enforcement and effective teamwork. Together they will explore how a US/UK axis under President Biden can re-set the dial on global controls and make them work.
Topics to be discussed:
• The Biden/Harris agenda: Is the UK on board?
• Working with governments and corporates: Can it be done?
• Effective teamwork
• Using technology to counter global threats: Intelligence sharing
• Practical toolkit for financial institutions
• Sanctions to change behaviour: Cuba + Myanmar
Moderator: Michael Bowes QC, Barrister, Outer Temple Chambers
- Karen Baxter, Managing Director, Intelligence Strategy for Economic Crime, UK Finance Limited
- Megan Prendergast Millard, Senior Managing Director, Guidepost Solutions
- Bill Riley, Senior Managing Director, Guidepost Solutions
The webinar will be held on Tuesday, March 16 from 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM ET / 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM GMT. You can register to attend the webinar here.
Find out more
You can find out about our business crime practice on our expertise page. Alternatively, please contact David Smith on (+44 (0)20 7427 4905) or Colin Bunyan on +44 (0)20 7427 4886 for a confidential discussion.
Barristers: Michael Bowes QC