Year of Call:
Alex Cisneros is a specialist public law and private client barrister. He has experience handling significant contentious and non-contentious matters with a particular emphasis on mental capacity and education.
Alex is a member of the C Panel of the Attorney General’s Panel of Junior Counsel to the Crown.
Alex has been invited to complete a part-time PhD exploring developments in mental capacity law and the impact on vulnerable adults. His research will commence in September 2020 under the supervision of Professor Rosie Harding.
In his spare time, Alex sits as a Member of the Beckmead Family of SEN Schools and a Trustee of the Centre for Young Musicians, a division of the Guildhall School of Music. In 2018, Alex was appointed a Bar Council social mobility advocate, a role that he is proud of.
Alex has particular experience of advising in relation to end of life planning involving wills and lasting powers of attorney.
Examples of recent work includes:
- Making claims for financial provision under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependents) Act 1975;
- Advising administrators of an insolvent estate; and
- Advising on disputed wills where the testator’s mental capacity is in question.
Appointments & Memberships
- Court of Protection Bar Association (Committee Member)
- LexisNexis Private Client Expert Panel
- Administrative Law Bar Association
- Court of Protection Practitioners Association
- Royal Commonwealth Society (Associate Fellow)
Alex Cisneros is regulated by the Bar Standards Board (BSB) and holds a current practising certificate. If you are not satisfied with the service provided, please click here.
Areas of Law
- Commercial & Chancery
- Court of Protection
- Pensions & Trusts
- Private Client
- Public Law
- Community Care
- Mental Health