Year of Call:
Bianca accepts instructions in all areas of Chambers’ practice including commercial litigation, probate, employment & discrimination, financial services, personal injury, inquests and international related matters. She has a particular interest in international arbitration.
Advocacy experience includes High Court and County Court hearings, multiday Employment Tribunal work, inquests at the Coroner’s Court and hearings at the Crown Court.
She is a former solicitor, having qualified at Magic Circle firm Slaughter and May in 2012.
Prior to starting pupillage, Bianca was a judicial assistant to the Lord Chief Justice, Lord Thomas at the Court of Appeal from April to July 2014. She was a research assistant at the Law Commission in the Common Law and Commercial Team in 2013-2014. She undertook a stage at the European Court of Human Rights in 2012.
Bianca speaks fluent German, advanced French and elementary Brazilian Portuguese.
Bianca is licensed to undertake public access work.
Commercial & Chancery
Bianca has appeared as Counsel in the High Court and County Court for businesses, not-for-profit organisations, financial institutions and individuals. She has advised and drafted pleadings in relation to arbitration, breach of trust, undue influence and fraud claims.
Bianca is very interested in international work. She is instructed as junior counsel by the Dubai Commissioner for Data Protection in the DIFC Courts.
Bianca is currently representing four Claimants in a High Court Chancery dispute regarding claims of breach of fiduciary duty against a former business partner.
Bianca successfully contested the jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales in an insurance dispute and achieved full costs.
She has advised in relation to a personal injury claim in India, and attended case and costs management conferences in relation to international travel cases.
Recent matters have also included representing a claimant against 15 defendants in a contract dispute, representing British Airways in a number of flight delay claims, a trial in a builder contractor dispute, applications to strike out and for summary judgment, to set aside default judgment, obtaining enforcement of charging orders, resisting claims to set aside an order for sale and for payment, restoring an insolvent company to the register, and serving out of jurisdiction. She regularly appears in case and cost management conferences.
She has advised on liability and quantum regarding copyright and contractual disputes. She has advised and drafted a defence in relation to a breach of contract claim in the construction sector.
She is a volunteer at the Chancery Bar Litigation In Person Advisory Scheme (CLIPS), at the High Court, Rolls Building.
Recent cases include:
- PH v English Bridge Union, High Court Queen’s Bench Division, advising and drafting defence in resisting the claimant’s application to appeal an arbitration award to the High Court
- C v H, High Court Chancery Division, successfully representing the Claimants in striking out the First and Fourth Defendants’ amended defence
- K v K, High Court, successfully representing the Respondent in resisting the Applicant’s application to extend time to apply for permission to appeal out of time
- Commissioner for Data Protection v Dubai Financial Services Authority, instructed as junior counsel for the Commissioner of Data Protection before the Dubai International Financial Centre Court of First Instance in a summary judgment application, appeal and judicial review
- SB v Black Horse, representing the claimant in PPI misselling claims
- Terracorp and others, representing the claimant in a number of contract claims
- Re L, advising on whether the removal of certain holiday properties from a timeshare constitutes a repudiatory breach of contract
- A v A, successfully resisting an application to set aside a charging order in the Chancery Division, High Court
- F v Standard Life, successfully obtaining summary judgment at Portsmouth County Court
- A v Standard Life, successfully striking-out a claim at Brentford County Court
- Orlovas v TC&D, achieving a positive result in trial involving a builder contractor dispute at Edmonton County Court
Appointments & Memberships
- Associate member of the Association of Pension Lawyers (APL)
- Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb)
- Commercial Bar Association
- Chancery Bar Association
- Contentious Trusts Association
- Employment Law Bar Association
- Financial Services Law Association
- London Very Young Arbitration Practitioners
- International Court of Justice Grant, Lincoln College, 2013
- Drucker Prize, Lincoln College, 2012
- BCL from Lincoln College, University of Oxford
- First-class law degree from the University of Manchester
- German (fluent)
- French (advanced)
- Brazilian Portuguese (elementary)
Bianca Venkata is regulated by the Bar Standards Board (BSB) and holds a current practising certificate. If you are not satisfied with the service provided, please click here.
Areas of Law
- Insolvency & Restructuring
- Business Crime
- Clinical Negligence
- Commercial & Chancery
- Employment & Discrimination
- Financial Services
- Pensions & Trusts
- Personal Injury
- International Injury & Travel
- Private Client
- Professional Negligence