Year of Call:
Carin Hunt joined Chambers in September 2019, following her pupillage in which she gained experience across the core practice areas of chambers, including clinical negligence and personal injury, employment, private client, pensions, and public law.
Prior to the Bar, Carin read Law at St Catherine’s College Oxford, after which she became a Consultant at the UNRWA Dispute Tribunal in Jordan, dealing principally with UN employment law.
Carin has a background in Medical Ethics and Medical Law. She interned at the Global Health Ethics Department of the World Health Organisation in 2014 and then completed a Masters in Medical Law and Ethics at King’s College London (2015/2016), receiving a Distinction. Thereafter Carin held roles as a Lecturer at Trinity College Dublin, a Seminar Leader at University College Dublin, and as a Research Assistant in the Law Faculties of Oxford and UCL. She has presented academic papers in the fields of Neurolaw, consent systems in organ donation, and the regulation of human reproductive technologies.
As part of her personal injury practice, in which she acts for both Claimants and Defendants, Carin regularly appears at trial, CCMCs, application hearings, and infant settlement approval hearings. She takes instructions in a broad range of personal injury cases including accidents at work, historic sexual abuse, road traffic accidents, and claims arising under the Animals Act 1971, the Highways Act 1989, and the OLA 1957.
Carin has also acted for claimants appealing the quantum of their awards from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority. She has experience of acting for those who have witnessed a violent attack on a loved one, suffering psychiatric injury as a result, and those who have been bereaved by a violent crime.
Appointments & Memberships
- Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers
- Court of Protection Bar Association
- European Circuit of the Bar
- Honourable Society of the Middle Temple
- Pan-European Organisation of Personal Injury Lawyers
- Personal Injuries Bar Association
- Hunt, Jurisdiction and the Tort Gateway, New Law Journal 2020, 170(7905), 11-12
- Hunt, The Cost of Special Accommodation, Journal of Personal Injury Law 2020, 2, 127-134
- Maslen, Savulescu & Hunt, Praiseworthiness and Motivational Enhancement: ‘No Pain, No Praise’? Australasian Journal of Philosophy 98 (2):304-318 (2019)
- Winner, Rosamund Smith Mooting Competition (2018)
- Certificate of Honour, Middle Temple (2018)
- Astbury Scholarship and Harmsworth Entrance Exhibition, Middle Temple (2016)
- Advocacy Award, BPP University (2016)
- Undergraduate Internship Award, University of Oxford (2014)
- Bailey Prize, St Catherine’s College Oxford (2013)
- Winner, John Smith Memorial Mace (2012)
- French (proficient)
Areas of Law
- Clinical Negligence
- Personal Injury
- Public Law
- Employment & Discrimination
- Private Client
- Pensions & Trusts
- Commercial & Chancery
- Court of Protection
- International Injury & Travel
- Disciplinary & Regulatory
- International Organisations