Contact our clerks at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44 (0)20 7353 6381 for a confidential discussion.
Our professional clerking staff can help identify the right barrister for your case.
Year of Call:
Chloë joined chambers in 2017 following the successful completion of her pupillage. She is developing a busy practice in all of chambers’ core practice areas.
Between 2017 and 2018 Chloë was a judicial assistant to Lord Mance (Deputy President) at the United Kingdom Supreme Court.
Prior to starting pupillage, Chloë also spent two years working at the Court of Justice of the European Union in Luxembourg, first as a stagiaire and subsequently as a junior référendaire to Advocate General Bobek.
Chloë studied law at Trinity College, University of Cambridge. She spent one year of her undergraduate studying French law at the University of Poitiers, France. Between 2013 and 2014 she completed an LLM at the University of Michigan, USA for which she received a GPA of 3.8/4.0. During her LLM, Chloë represented the University of Michigan in its first European Law Moot Court competition. She was a member of the winning regional team and placed third in the grand final held at the CJEU in Luxembourg. Chloë undertook her BPTC between 2014 and 2015 and was graded ‘Outstanding’.
- C Bell ‘Package Travel’ in Crowther QC (ed) APIL Guide to Accidents Abroad (2nd edn) (LexisNexis)
- C Bell and N Bačić Selanec ‘Who is a “spouse” under the Citizens’ Rights Directive? The prospect of mutual recognition of same-sex marriages in the EU’ (2016) European Law Review 655-686
- C Bell ‘A Conversation about Brexit’ UKAEL Blog 16 January 2016
Appointments & Memberships
- Bar Pro Bono Unit
- Hubert Greenland Scholarship (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Buchanan Prize (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Lord Denning Scholarship (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Hardwicke Entrance Award (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Kouba Essay Prize for best paper on European Integration (University of Michigan Law School)
- Grotius Fellowship (University of Michigan Law School)
- Hollond Fund full-fee scholarship for graduate study (Trinity College, Cambridge)
- Tripos College Examination Prize (Trinity College, Cambridge)
- Lizette Bentwich Examination Prize (Trinity College, Cambridge)
- French (advanced)
Chloë Bell is regulated by the Bar Standards Board (BSB) and holds a current practising certificate. If you are not satisfied with the service provided, please click here.
Areas of Law
- Clinical Negligence
- Commercial & Chancery
- Disciplinary & Regulatory
- Employment & Discrimination
- Personal Injury
- Professional Negligence
- Public Law
“I wanted to say how professional I found Chloe and what a good job I thought she did for her client in the hearing…I would have been impressed to see a pupil in my own chambers performing to that standard during their pupillage.” (Employment tribunal case)
“You really have done a great job on this case by grasping the facts and taking the ‘bull by the horns’ on some really tricky areas of law.” (Employment tribunal case)