Year of Call:
Katarina Sydow specialises in public law, clinical negligence and personal injury. She is described in Chambers & Partners as “…a gifted advocate who has an incisive mind and an ability to distil a case into simple points”. She regularly undertakes work well beyond her level of call.
Katarina acts on behalf of a diverse range of clients including individuals, government departments, NHS Trusts, local authorities and the Official Solicitor in the Court of Protection. She is a member of the Attorney General’s C Panel of Junior Counsel to the Crown.
Katarina has a first-class degree in Modern History from Oxford University, completed her Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) with distinction and achieved an outstanding grade in the Bar Professional Training Course.
Appointments & Memberships
- Attorney General’s C Panel (2017-2022)
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers
- Personal Injuries Bar Association
- Administrative Law Bar Association
- Human Rights Lawyers Association
- Court of Protection Practitioners Association
- Education Law Association
- Queen Mother Scholarships (Middle Temple, 2010, 2011)
- Undergraduate Scholarships (Wadham College, Oxford University, 2005, 2006, 2007)
- Cheney Prize for the Arts and Social Sciences (Wadham College, Oxford University, 2005)
Katarina Sydow is regulated by the Bar Standards Board (BSB) and holds a current practising certificate. If you are not satisfied with the service provided, please click here.
Areas of Law
- Clinical Negligence
- Court of Protection
- Disciplinary & Regulatory
- Personal Injury
- Child & Adult Abuse
- Public Law
- Community Care
- Mental Health
“She provides accurate and clear advice and always makes meticulous preparations for hearings. She is a very competent advocate and a very safe pair of hands.” Court of Protection, Chambers & Partners 2019
“She is a gifted advocate who has an incisive mind and an ability to distil a case into simple points. She is very persuasive on her feet.” Court of Protection, Chambers & Partners 2019