Year of Call:
Katarina Sydow specialises in public law, clinical negligence and personal injury.
She acts on behalf of a diverse range of clients including individuals, NHS Trusts, local authorities and the Official Solicitor in the Court of Protection and regularly undertakes work well beyond her level of call. She is a member of the Attorney General’s C Panel of Junior Counsel to the Crown.
Katarina has a first-class degree in Modern History from Oxford University, completed her Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) with distinction and achieved an outstanding grade in the Bar Professional Training Course.
Katarina’s personal injury practice involves advising, drafting and appearing in court in relation to road traffic accident, occupiers’ liability, package travel, product liability and industrial disease claims. She is also instructed in claims arising from sexual and physical abuse and neglect.
Katarina acts for claimants and defendants. She has experience of group litigation and is currently instructed by the Department of Health in a vaccine damage group action.
Appointments & Memberships
- Attorney General’s C Panel (2017-2022)
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers
- Personal Injuries Bar Association
- Administrative Law Bar Association
- Human Rights Lawyers Association
- Court of Protection Practitioners Association
- Education Law Association
- Queen Mother Scholarships (Middle Temple, 2010, 2011)
- Undergraduate Scholarships (Wadham College, Oxford University, 2005, 2006, 2007)
- Cheney Prize for the Arts and Social Sciences (Wadham College, Oxford University, 2005)
Katarina Sydow is regulated by the Bar Standards Board (BSB) and holds a current practising certificate. If you are not satisfied with the service provided, please click here.
Areas of Law
- Clinical Negligence
- Court of Protection
- Disciplinary & Regulatory
- Personal Injury
- Child & Adult Abuse
- Public Law
- Community Care
- Mental Health
“She provides accurate and clear advice and always makes meticulous preparations for hearings. She is a very competent advocate and a very safe pair of hands.” Court of Protection, Chambers & Partners 2019
“She is a gifted advocate who has an incisive mind and an ability to distil a case into simple points. She is very persuasive on her feet.” Court of Protection, Chambers & Partners 2019