Contact our clerks at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44 (0)20 7353 6381 for a confidential discussion.
Our professional clerking staff can help identify the right barrister for your case.
Year of Call:
* Professional Associate
Ludovica hold a master’s degree in law (University of Parma, Italy, 2009), is an Italian qualified lawyer since 2013 and a Registered European Lawyer for England and Wales since 2015 (she is also registered for direct access and qualified for litigation). She works in Italy and in Vienna, Austria, which is her second home since 2010.
She specialises in International Administrative Law (‘IAL’), representing and advising international civil servants and international organisations in a wide range of employment disputes as well as negotiating settlements and alternative dispute resolution options, inter alia, at EBRD, BIS, WBG, UNIDO, UNODC, IAEA, IOM, ITLOS, IMO, OPEC, PAHO, WFP, INTERPOL, ECMWF, ICMPD and EPO. Her focus is on European and International Courts (UNAT, ILOAT, ECJ, WBAT, EBRDAT, BISAT, etc.). She is currently standing counsel to several Staff Associations, which she regularly advises on individual staff disputes and on the review of the regulatory and legal framework of their respective organisations (e.g. Global Fund, EUMETSAT, OECD, PAHO, ICMPD, ECMWF, ICC, WIPO). Ludovica has experience in advising on the adjustment of salary packages, pension and tax schemes, and fundamental rights in employment contracts. Ludovica also provides weekly staff clinics to the members of the Vienna-based (UNOV) Staff Associations/Unions, and has extensive experience advising on harassment complaints, disciplinary procedures, redundancy, unethical conduct and retaliation.
Ludovica has experience as an international civil servant herself (at the Italian Permanent Mission to the United Nations in Vienna, at the OSCE and at CTBTO), as well as experience in anti-corruption policies and integrity compliance programmes. She maintained working relationship with the OSCE and CTBTO for which she provides ad hoc consultancy services in the field of legal services and HR policy review.
As a second field of activity, Ludovica advises Italian clients in Austria and provides them with access to legal services within the Austrian market, especially in commercial, private and civil law (family law, bankruptcy law, inheritance etc.).
Lectures and workshops:
- 2015 – Seminar on International Administrative Law, British Embassy, Vienna;
- 2015 to 2018 – coordinator and lecturer at the annual conference of the International Administrative Law Centre of Excellence, London;
- November 2018 – lecture on IAL at the OSCE Talent Acquisition Programme, Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna, Pisa;
- Workshops on International Administrative Law at: PAHO, April 2018, Washington DC | ICMPD, April 2018, Vienna | UNODC, September 2018, Vienna | UNOV June 2019, Vienna | ICMPD, September 2019, Vienna.
Appointments & Memberships
- Ordine degli Avvocati di Mantova, Italy
- Bar Standards Board (Registered European Lawyer for England and Wales)
- Lincoln’s Inn
- AIGA Mantova (Associazione Italiana Giovani Avvocati – Italian Association Young Lawyers)
- Italian (native)
- English and German (professional fluency)
- French and Spanish (basic knowledge)
Ludovica Moro is regulated by the Bar Standards Board (BSB) and holds a current practising certificate. If you are not satisfied with the service provided, please click here.