Contact our clerks at email@example.com or call us on +44 (0)20 7353 6381 for a confidential discussion.
Our professional clerking staff can help identify the right barrister for your case.
Year of Call:
Olinga joined Chambers as a tenant in September 2017 and accepts instructions in all areas of Chambers’ work.
Before commencing pupillage, Olinga completed the Bar Professional Training Course as a Lord Denning Scholar of Lincoln’s Inn. He was graded ‘Outstanding’, graduating top amongst all students at the Inn. Prior to this, Olinga completed his Graduate Diploma in Law with distinction at BPP Law School.
Before law, Olinga took a Double First in Physics and Philosophy as an undergraduate at Oxford University and there he also completed his Masters in the Philosophy of Physics with distinction. Whilst at Oxford, Olinga graduated top of his year in all four years of study, winning several university and college prizes and scholarships.
Olinga is developing a wide ranging clinical negligence practice. He advises, drafts pleadings and attends court hearings, including costs and case management and interim hearings. Olinga is highly numerate and is adept at drafting complex schedules of loss.
Recent cases include:
Combination Metal-on-Metal Hip Prosthesis Litigation
Olinga is acting for c.25 claimants who bring claims against a number of NHS Trusts and individual surgeons arising out of the practice of ‘mixing and matching’ total hip replacement component parts (led by Christopher Gibson QC and Eloise Power).
RM v an NHS Trust
Advised on quantum in a wrongful birth case in which the Claimant, who was HIV positive, fell pregnant whilst protected by a contraceptive implant following a failure by the Defendant to advise of the risk of drug interactions.
OL v an NHS Trust
Fatal Accident Act case involving delayed diagnosis of cancer. Conducted pre-action conference with breach and causation experts and drafted Particulars of Claim.
During pupillage, Olinga assisted various members of Chambers in a wide variety of clinical negligence claims including spinal injury, delayed diagnosis of multiple sclerosis and various forms of bowel injury. The work included drafting opinions on:
Appointments & Memberships
- Free Representation Unit
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Personal Injuries Bar Association
- Ede & Ravenscroft Award for Student of the Year, Lincoln’s Inn (2016)
- Levitt Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn (2016)
- Buchanan Prize, Lincoln’s Inn (2016)
- Lord Denning Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn (2015)
- Hardwicke Award, Lincoln’s Inn (2014)
- Semi-Finalist, Essex Court National Mooting Competition (2014)
- Lord Haldane Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn (2013)
- Parker Law Scholarship, Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford University (2013)
- Henry Wilde Prize, Philosophy Faculty, Oxford University (2012)
- Academic Scholarship, Balliol College, Oxford University (2012)
- Spanish (intermediate)
Olinga Tahzib is regulated by the Bar Standards Board (BSB) and holds a current practising certificate. If you are not satisfied with the service provided, please click here.
Areas of Law
- Clinical Negligence
- Commercial & Chancery
- Disciplinary & Regulatory
- Employment & Discrimination
- Pensions & Trusts
- Personal Injury
- Professional Negligence
- Public Law