Contact our clerks at email@example.com or call us on +44 (0)20 7353 6381 for a confidential discussion.
Our professional clerking staff can help identify the right barrister for your case.
Year of Call:
Olinga joined Chambers as a tenant in September 2017 and accepts instructions in all areas of Chambers’ work.
Before commencing pupillage, Olinga completed the Bar Professional Training Course as a Lord Denning Scholar of Lincoln’s Inn. He was graded ‘Outstanding’, graduating top amongst all students at the Inn. Prior to this, Olinga completed his Graduate Diploma in Law with distinction at BPP Law School.
Before law, Olinga took a Double First in Physics and Philosophy as an undergraduate at Oxford University and there he also completed his Masters in the Philosophy of Physics with distinction. Whilst at Oxford, Olinga graduated top of his year in all four years of study, winning several university and college prizes and scholarships.
Pensions & Trusts
Olinga’s experience in pensions & trusts law includes:
AB v The Board of the PPF
Acted for the successful appellant in a High Court appeal from a determination of the Pension Protection Fund Ombudsman. The appeal concerned a narrow but important point of law regarding the construction of Paragraph 26 of Schedule 7 to the Pensions Act 2004 (led by David E. Grant). A summary of the judgment can be read here.
V Ltd v (1) V P T Ltd (2) KK
Rectification claim involving three deeds in a final salary pension scheme. Drafted skeleton argument on behalf of the Claimant (assisting David E. Grant).
Advised a large employer on the feasibility of using the NOW pension scheme as the scheme by which it fulfils its auto-enrolment duties (assisting Saul Margo).
Appointments & Memberships
- Free Representation Unit
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Personal Injuries Bar Association
- Ede & Ravenscroft Award for Student of the Year, Lincoln’s Inn (2016)
- Levitt Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn (2016)
- Buchanan Prize, Lincoln’s Inn (2016)
- Lord Denning Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn (2015)
- Hardwicke Award, Lincoln’s Inn (2014)
- Semi-Finalist, Essex Court National Mooting Competition (2014)
- Lord Haldane Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn (2013)
- Parker Law Scholarship, Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford University (2013)
- Henry Wilde Prize, Philosophy Faculty, Oxford University (2012)
- Academic Scholarship, Balliol College, Oxford University (2012)
- Spanish (intermediate)
Olinga Tahzib is regulated by the Bar Standards Board (BSB) and holds a current practising certificate. If you are not satisfied with the service provided, please click here.
Areas of Law
- Clinical Negligence
- Commercial & Chancery
- Disciplinary & Regulatory
- Employment & Discrimination
- Pensions & Trusts
- Personal Injury
- Professional Negligence
- Public Law