Contact our clerks at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44 (0)20 7353 6381 for a confidential discussion.
Our professional clerking staff can help identify the right barrister for your case.
Year of Call:
Olinga joined Chambers as a tenant in September 2017 and accepts instructions in all areas of Chambers’ work.
Before commencing pupillage, Olinga completed the Bar Professional Training Course as a Lord Denning Scholar of Lincoln’s Inn. He was graded ‘Outstanding’, graduating top amongst all students at the Inn. Prior to this, Olinga completed his Graduate Diploma in Law with distinction at BPP Law School.
Before law, Olinga took a Double First in Physics and Philosophy as an undergraduate at Oxford University and there he also completed his Masters in the Philosophy of Physics with distinction. Whilst at Oxford, Olinga graduated top of his year in all four years of study, winning several university and college prizes and scholarships.
Olinga has a wide ranging personal injury practice. He advises, drafts pleadings and regularly appears in court hearings, including costs and case management hearings and infant settlement approval hearings.
Recent cases include:
DH v SB Ltd
Drafted Particulars of Claim and a Schedule of Loss in a brain injury case involving a young claimant who fell three metres onto a concrete floor in the course of his work insulating a loft.
HW v A Student Union
Successfully represented a claimant in a fast-track personal injury trial in a tripping case, securing an award of nearly £20,000.
JK v ER
Advised on quantum in a case involving a child who suffered an amputation of his left index finger on a log splitter.
A v B
Advised on the merits of appending an Article 2 ECHR claim onto an ordinary civil claim in negligence (assisting Eliot Woolf).
In addition to domestic claims, Olinga advises on cases with an international element or where injuries are sustained abroad. Recent cases include:
HW v GLBR
Advised on a case involving a child claimant who suffered a significant wrist injury whilst cycling in France as a result of a collision with a car.
Appointments & Memberships
- Free Representation Unit
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Personal Injuries Bar Association
- Ede & Ravenscroft Award for Student of the Year, Lincoln’s Inn (2016)
- Levitt Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn (2016)
- Buchanan Prize, Lincoln’s Inn (2016)
- Lord Denning Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn (2015)
- Hardwicke Award, Lincoln’s Inn (2014)
- Semi-Finalist, Essex Court National Mooting Competition (2014)
- Lord Haldane Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn (2013)
- Parker Law Scholarship, Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford University (2013)
- Henry Wilde Prize, Philosophy Faculty, Oxford University (2012)
- Academic Scholarship, Balliol College, Oxford University (2012)
- Spanish (intermediate)
Olinga Tahzib is regulated by the Bar Standards Board (BSB) and holds a current practising certificate. If you are not satisfied with the service provided, please click here.
Areas of Law
- Clinical Negligence
- Commercial & Chancery
- Disciplinary & Regulatory
- Employment & Discrimination
- Pensions & Trusts
- Personal Injury
- Professional Negligence
- Public Law