To find out more, contact David Smith (+44 (0)20 7427 4905) or call us on +44 (0)20 7353 6381 for a confidential discussion.
Our professional clerking staff can help you identify the right barrister for your case.
Year of Call:
Saaman is regularly instructed in complex multi-jurisdictional commercial and regulatory disputes with work often involving the intersection of both fields.
He has particular expertise in banking/financial services, pensions, civil fraud and professional negligence.
Saaman’s work is often characterised by its size, novelty or complexity. Highlights from the past year include one of The Lawyer’s Top 20 Cases of 2017, a $1 billion multi-jurisdictional civil fraud and a Financial List Trial which settled on the second day of the six-week listing.
Saaman studied law at the University of Oxford where he was awarded the Peter Carter prize for the best examination results at his college.
Pensions & Trusts
Saaman has experience of all elements of the law and regulations which affect pension schemes. His expertise includes:
- The Desmonds Litigation – Saaman was led by Richard Hitchcock QC in this contribution notice case before the Upper Tribunal worth c £20m
- Unadkat v Eddie Stobart – a High Court claim concerning employer contributions to a scheme alleging breach of implied terms in the Claimants’ contracts of employment
- Advising on the largest ever scheme buy-out in Britain in the context of a substantial professional negligence claim (led by Andrew Spink QC)
- Acting in a RPI/CPI rectification
- Acting in a construction claim concerning the terms of an unfunded executive retirement benefits scheme
- Acting in numerous professional negligence claims for both Claimants and Defendants
- RP Medplant v tPR  UKUT 385 (TCC) – Saaman was sole counsel in a reference to the Upper Tribunal from a decision of the Determinations Panel concerning the implications of trusts, technical pensions regulations and the threshold for strike out in the Upper Tribunal
Appointments & Memberships
- Association of Pension Lawyers
- Chancery Bar Association
- Financial Services Lawyers Association
- The Commercial Bar Association
Saaman Pourghadiri is regulated by the Bar Standards Board (BSB) and holds a current practising certificate. If you are not satisfied with the service provided, please click here.
Areas of Law
- Business Crime
- Commercial & Chancery
- Employment & Discrimination
- Financial Services
- Pensions & Trusts
- International Injury & Travel
- Professional Negligence
- Public Law