To find out more, contact David Smith (+44 (0)20 7427 4905) or call us on +44 (0)20 7353 6381 for a confidential discussion.
Our professional clerking staff can help you identify the right barrister for your case.
* Professional Associate
Mr Samir Salloum has over 40 years of experience as a legal adviser and advocate.
He holds the office of Foreign Trade Counsellor to the French Government, a position he has been holding for many years. In January 2013, he was elected President of the French Business Group in Abu Dhabi (FBG). In 2015, he was re-elected for a second term as President of the FBG. He was also recently appointed Director of the Continuing Education Centre of the Paris Sorbonne University – Abu Dhabi (PSUAD).
He is an arbitrator on the panels of both the Abu Dhabi Commercial Conciliation and Arbitration Centre (ADCCAC) and the Ras Al Khaimah Commercial Arbitration Centre. He is also a longstanding member of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC).
First called to the Beirut Bar, Lebanon, in 1969, Mr Salloum was also admitted to the French Bar and until 2012 was an advocate pleading at the Federal Courts in the UAE and Courts of Abu Dhabi. His academic achievements include Master’s Degrees in French Law, Lebanese Law and Political Science. He handles English, Arabic and French with equal ease.
Mr Salloum has been a member of various National Committees entrusted with legislative responsibilities for both the Federation of the UAE and the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. He has acted as the internal legal adviser for the Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ADCCI) for over 15 years and for many years thereafter remained the chamber’s external legal counsel. During his tenure with the ADCCI, he was appointed by the United Nations Development Project (UNDP) and tasked with reorganising the commercial section of the Municipality of Dubai.
He is also a well acclaimed lecturer on the corporate, commercial and banking laws in the UAE. Notably, lecturing at the PSUAD on the law relating to tenders in the UAE in a course forming part of a Master’s programme.
Mr Salloum is also a Part II registered practitioner at the Courts of the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC).
Mr Salloum has also published a number of books on the legal system in the UAE, including:
- Law and Precedent Relating to Trademarks
- Law and Precedent Relating to Trade Names and
- Law and Precedent Relating to Criminal Liability Relating to Cheques.
Appointments & Memberships
- International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
- Abu Dhabi Commercial Conciliation and Arbitration Center (ADCCAC)
- Foreign Trade Counsellor to the French Government
Mr Salloum has received numerous international governmental and other awards for his distinguished services and civil achievements, notably:
- Italian National Order of Merit, rank of Cavaliere (Knight), June 1988. This was followed by
- A promotion to the rank of Commendatore (Commodore), December 2006
- Spanish National Order of Civil Merit, rank of Caballero (Knight), January 1990
- French National Order of Merit, rank of Chevalier (Knight), May 1994
- Belgian National Order of Leopold II, rank of Officier (Officer), September 2012