Contact our clerks at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44 (0)20 7353 6381 for a confidential discussion.
Our professional clerking staff can help you identify the right barrister for your case.
Year of Call:
Tim Aron is a commercial barrister and specialist in financial services law and regulation. Prior to joining Outer Temple Chambers in 2017, Tim was a partner and head of the UK financial services practice at a leading US law firm. Tim’s practice at the Bar focuses on advisory and regulatory enforcement work for FCA and PRA regulated firms and individuals.
Tim has particular expertise in markets issues including the regulatory aspects of securities and derivatives transactions, market conduct, the scope of regulatory powers and dealing with regulatory challenges and investigations on the same.
Examples of work Tim has carried out since joining Outer Temple Chambers include:
- Advising an international investment group in regard to all aspects of MiFID 2 implementation across five regulated firms.
- Acting for a regulator in an enforcement case against two corporate entities and three individuals.
- Advising a proprietary trader in regard to European structuring and related matters.
- Counsel to a Judge led inquiry into Lloyds Banking Group.
- Serving as General Counsel to the newly established Astana Financial Services Authority (October 2017 – March 2018).
- Acting for an individual (CF1, CF10, CF11) before the Regulatory Decisions Committee.
- Acting for an individual and two corporate respondents in Financial Conduct Authority v Capital Alternatives & others .
- Advising a bitcoin exchange in regard to various UK regulatory issues.
- Advising numerous firms, companies and issuers in regard to perimeter issues, market abuse matters, money laundering queries, conduct of business issues, client money issues, prudential queries and commercial and regulatory terms.
Tim served as legal adviser in the General Counsel’s Division of the Financial Services Authority between 2004 and 2010. During this time he advised the regulator’s Markets Division, the UK Listing Authority, Enforcement and Financial Crime Division and Wholesale Banking Division.
Tim speaks regularly on financial services law and related issues.
Tim has authored a variety of articles in numerous publications on financial services and regulatory matters.
Appointments & Memberships
- FSLA (Treasurer)
Tim Aron is regulated by the Bar Standards Board (BSB) and holds a current practising certificate. If you are not satisfied with the service provided, please click here.