Contact our clerks at email@example.com or call us on +44 (0)20 7353 6381 for a confidential discussion.
Our professional clerking staff can help identify the right barrister for your case.
Year of Call:
Victoria joined Chambers in September 2017 on completion of her pupillage and is instructed across the spectrum of Chambers’ core practice areas, in particular employment, pensions, commercial and public. She regularly appears in courts and tribunals and has represented clients in the High Court, Employment Appeal Tribunal as well as various county courts and employment tribunals.
Victoria read Law at the University of Durham. She completed her BPTC at Kaplan where she was graded ‘Outstanding’ and received the ‘Most Successful Advocate Award’ for the combination of her performance in advocacy exams and external competitions.
Victoria regularly provides training and CPD to firms and directly to clients, ranging from seminars to practical tribunal training (see, for example, coverage in The Times of a recent session). She is a contributor to Lexis PSL and Atkins Court Forms.
Pensions & Trusts
Victoria is developing a broad practice in pensions and has advised in relation to construction, rectification, misrepresentation and exercise of powers. Victoria is the co-author of the War Pensions chapter in Atkins Court Forms and has contributed to Lexis PSL on Pensions.
In her first year of tenancy Victoria completed a 3 month secondment to The Pensions Ombudsman. She gained a range of experience in pensions disputes across a range of schemes from SIPPs/SASSs to statutory schemes, dealing with issues such as pension sharing orders, the Imperial duty, misrepresentation, ill-health and the exercise of discretions/powers. Victoria has since been instructed by the Ombudsman in a long-running project. She has a particular interest in complaints to and appeals from The Pensions Ombudsman.
During pupillage Victoria was supervised by David E. Grant and assisted with numerous pensions cases, covering issues such as rectification, equalisation, equitable mistake, estoppel and misrepresentation claims.
Examples of recent work include:
- Victoria is currently instructed in a professional negligence claim in the pensions context led by Nicolas Stallworthy QC and Saul Margo
- N v A FTSE 100 company – successfully applied for strike out on behalf of the Trustees of a FTSE 100 company’s pension scheme in a claim for restitution
- Advising on procedural aspects of appealing to and from the Pensions Ombudsman
- Advising on the exercise of discretions
- Advising an individual on whether the actions of his employer breached the Imperial duty
Appointments & Memberships
- Association of Pensions Lawyers
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Bar Pro Bono Unit
- Most Successful Advocate, Kaplan
- The Durham Award, University of Durham
- Winner, Francis Taylor Building Kingsland Cup
- Winner, Senior Moot, Gray’s Inn
Victoria Brown is regulated by the Bar Standards Board (BSB) and holds a current practising certificate. If you are not satisfied with the service provided, please click here.
Areas of Law
- Clinical Negligence
- Commercial & Chancery
- Disciplinary & Regulatory
- Employment & Discrimination
- Pensions & Trusts
- Personal Injury
- Professional Negligence
- Public Law