Contact our clerks at email@example.com or call us on +44 (0)20 7353 6381 for a confidential discussion.
Our professional clerking staff can help identify the right barrister for your case.
Year of Call:
Victoria joined Chambers in September 2017 on completion of her pupillage and is instructed across the spectrum of Chambers’ core practice areas, in particular employment, pensions, commercial and public. She regularly appears in courts and tribunals and has represented clients in the High Court, Employment Appeal Tribunal as well as various county courts and employment tribunals.
Victoria read Law at the University of Durham. She completed her BPTC at Kaplan where she was graded ‘Outstanding’ and received the ‘Most Successful Advocate Award’ for the combination of her performance in advocacy exams and external competitions.
Victoria regularly provides training and CPD to firms and directly to clients, ranging from seminars to practical tribunal training (see, for example, coverage in The Times of a recent session). She is a contributor to Lexis PSL and Atkins Court Forms.
Victoria has drafted grounds of review and defence in a range of public law matters, including a challenge to the Spare Room Subsidy (colloquially known as the “Bedroom Tax”). She represents children and young people with special educational needs and volunteers for IPSEA.
Victoria has significant experience in immigration and asylum, having worked for UKVI before coming to the Bar. At UKVI Victoria was one of two individuals responsible for the management of Court of Appeal and Supreme Court cases and assisted with ECHR cases.
Recent work includes:
- Instructed by the Government Legal Department to review over 70 international trade agreements and advise on the likelihood of any relevant provision having direct effect
- Instructed to defend a judicial review involving a high-profile asylum applicant subject to a freezing injunction
- Representing a 14 year old who wished to name a further education institution in their EHCP
Appointments & Memberships
- Association of Pensions Lawyers
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Bar Pro Bono Unit
- Most Successful Advocate, Kaplan
- The Durham Award, University of Durham
- Winner, Francis Taylor Building Kingsland Cup
- Winner, Senior Moot, Gray’s Inn
Victoria Brown is regulated by the Bar Standards Board (BSB) and holds a current practising certificate. If you are not satisfied with the service provided, please click here.
Areas of Law
- Clinical Negligence
- Commercial & Chancery
- Disciplinary & Regulatory
- Employment & Discrimination
- Pensions & Trusts
- Personal Injury
- Professional Negligence
- Public Law