What independent advice can I get about seeking legal assistance?

Useful sources of advice include:

Advice UK
: A network of advice centres across the country.

Advocate: Free advice and representation on legal matters (applications-based). If your case is going to court or a tribunal, you might get a volunteer barrister to represent you for free through Advocate. You can check if Advocate might help you on its website. If you think Advocate can help, contact your nearest Citizens Advice. You have to be referred to the unit by an adviser. You can also ask a law centre or your MP to refer you.

Citizens Advice: Free, independent and impartial advice on a range of issues and rights. Advice Line: 03444 111 444 (England); 03444 77 20 20 (Wales).

Disability Law Service:

Free Representation Unit: Provides representation in employment hearings.

Law Centres Network: Search for local law centres in England.

Law Works: Connects people in need of legal advice with lawyers who are able to help for free. You can search for a free legal advice clinic on the LawWorks website.

Legal Aid: To check whether you might be eligible to receive legal aid financial assistance for civil (non-criminal) legal advice and assistance

Support Through Court: Provides advice, information and support for litigants in person (those representing themselves in court). Telephone: 020 7073 4760.

Samaritans: Helpline support for anyone who wants to talk to someone about the problems they are facing in their life. Helpline: 116 123.

The Money Advice Service: Free, confidential advice about managing finances and dealing with debts. Advice line: 0800 138 7777

20 Jul, 2021

Portfolio Builder

Select the expertise that you would like to download or add to the portfolio

Download    Add to portfolio   
Title Type CV Email

Remove All


Click here to share this shortlist.
(It will expire after 30 days.)