Year of Call:
Gus’ practice focuses on employment, pensions, commercial litigation, professional negligence and financial services disputes.
He is regularly instructed to advise and represent clients in courts and tribunals at all levels and has appeared in the High Court, the Court of Appeal and the Employment Appeal Tribunal as well as in various County Courts, Employment Tribunals and Crown Courts.
Gus’ clients include FTSE 100 companies, senior executives, NHS trusts, major banks and individuals.
Gus regularly provides training and CPD sessions for leading firms. He is the co-author of the chapters of Butterworths Financial Regulation Service dealing with the FCA’s Conduct of Business Sourcebook. Gus is also the co-author of the latest edition of the Law Society’s Employment Law Handbook and is the editor of the chapter in Tolley’s Employment Law Service regarding the fairness of dismissals.
Health, Safety & Environment
Gus is experienced at representing corporate defendants in the Crown Court and Magistrates Courts in relation to health and safety and environmental law matters. He is a member of the Health and Safety Lawyers Association (‘HSLA’) and is able to draw on his experience in employment and personal injury law to assist clients facing regulatory prosecutions relating to accidents at work.
Recent examples of Gus’ work include:
- representing corporate defendants in the Crown Court in relation to an HSE prosecution
- representing commercial fishermen in a multi day in a prosecution under the Fisheries Act 1981 by the Marine Management Organisation (‘MMO”)
- representing a family at an inquest relating to a fatality in a hospital ward.
Appointments & Memberships
- Association of Pensions Lawyers
- Industrial Law Society
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Health and Safety Lawyers Association
Gus Baker is regulated by the Bar Standards Board (BSB) and holds a current practising certificate. If you are not satisfied with the service provided, please click here.
Areas of Law
- International Organisations
- Commercial & Chancery
- Employment & Discrimination
- Health, Safety & Environment
- Pensions & Trusts
- Personal Injury
- Financial Services
- Professional Negligence