"An entrepreneurial set", Outer Temple Chambers is "more cutting edge and innovative than many of its competitors", and is singled out for its "extremely helpful" clerks.
Please contact Graham Woods (+44 (0)20 7353 6381).
Our experienced clerks will be pleased to provide you with more details of our expertise in this area.
Historically, product liability has formed a part of the general practice of several different Outer Temple Chambers work groups such as: clinical negligence, commercial, personal injury and disciplinary.
Product Liability Barristers
Our product liability barristers have covered a wide spectrum of product liability work for a number years. The interest in the field began with medical device litigation and has since become a mainstay – other commercial claims followed.
Members’ involvement in this work began with mainly claimant instructions but as our reputation grew we attracted some notable work from defendant manufacturers and insurers.
As time moved on and our general practice in this area expanded we saw the need to create a separate group and identity for those members who attract and do the work.
Examples of cases that members of Chambers are, or have been recently, involved in include:
- Several members involved in metal-on-metal hip implant group litigation on the claimant side.
- Instructions in vaginal mesh litigation for leading American manufacturers.
- Instructions in claims relating to Implantable Cardiac Defibrillators.
- Several members acting for claimants in PIP breast implant group actions.
- Instructions for credit card company on both liability and quantum issues relating to breast implants paid for by credit card.
- Silk and junior instructed by the manufacturer in several outstanding Thalidomide claims.
- Silk regularly instructed by manufacturer of domestic products where fire safety has become an issue.
As in other areas of our practice, our expertise in cross-border claims and issues has proved to be particularly useful for clients instructing us in product liability matters.
Our Product Liability Barristers
If you would like to bookmark, save or send a list of barristers and associates* to a colleague, click on the folder icon that displays after the barrister's and associate's* name.